Sunday, March 2, 2008
My RT rotation
This last week I did my Respiratory Therapy rotation. My day was a bit interesting. I tagged along with the therapist while he did his many nebulizing treatments to patients with various respiratory problems. Some had COPD and pneumonia. I helped comfort a 14mo. boy who had pneumonia while getting his treatments. The best part of the day was when I attended a bronchoscopy. There was a tube with a camera going through the nose, down the trachea and into the bronchus of the lungs. All of this was viewed on a screen. It was so interesting to see the inside of the lungs. The doctor was extracting polups that were in the bronchioles for testing. I was looking on the screen , and the pieces looked large, but when they came out, they were less than 3mm in size. It was so cool to watch the procedure on a big screen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment