I had a one-day rotation at Endoscopy. I was able to watch many procedures. Some were interesting, some were not. That day, I watched 5 colonoscopies, 3 esophogealgastroduodenoscopies and one bronchoscopy.
I learned one thing: If you've seen one colonoscopy you've seen them all. They all look so similar...except for the one patient who didn't prep their bowels very well. There was sticky yellow feces that attached to the colon wall so the MD couldn't visualize any abnormalities in the bowel lining. I did see one pt. with diverticulitis. I did my research paper on diverticula disease and it was great to see it live on the screen. There were many pts. who had polyps and they were removed for lab testing to determine if it is cancerous. After standing on my feet all day I was ready to go home. Endoscopy is definitely not an area I am interested in. On to the next one....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
What? You don't want to look at colons all day??? :)
I love reading this blog!
Post a Comment