




Last week, my clinical group was required to start IV's. I was a little nervous going into it, just like when I gave my first shot. I graciously let other students go ahead of me. Some made it on their first try, others it took up to 3 tries.
I finally got the nerve to do it, and my friend volunteered to be my guinea pig. With good coaching, good fine motor skills, and conficence (which I lacked a bit), I was able to start her IV on the first try. It is a little tricky, getting it into the vein, but it was easier than I thought, but she did have good veins. Next time it will be on a patient, so I will be more confidence and will have to hide any doubt in myself.
I (reluctantly) volunteered to be someone's guinea pig. My instructor helped the student find a good vein to use. Fortunately for me in this situation, I don't have good veins and my instructor wouldn't let her poke me.
I finally got the nerve to do it, and my friend volunteered to be my guinea pig. With good coaching, good fine motor skills, and conficence (which I lacked a bit), I was able to start her IV on the first try. It is a little tricky, getting it into the vein, but it was easier than I thought, but she did have good veins. Next time it will be on a patient, so I will be more confidence and will have to hide any doubt in myself.




No comments:
Post a Comment