Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Clinical assignment

I just about cried when I found out where I was placed in clinicals this quarter. I was told that I needed to do my clinicals at two different hospitals, and because of my distance I drive they would "work" with me. Last quarter I was in Bellingham - 1 1/2 hours away. I was certain they would place me in Mount Vernon, for two reasons. 1) I already went to Bellingham, 2) because of the bad winter weather, they said they would place me closer to home (still an hour away).

I found out I will be doing my clinicals in Anacortes. I asked to switch to a closer one, but I was denied. That still does me no good because it is an hour to Mount Vernon and another 25-30 minutes to Anacortes. Not only that, but I have day shift that starts at 6:30am. On top of that, I have to go the day before and pick my patients and get pertinent information for my shift for the next two days. Unfortunately, I get out of class at 3pm, then travel to the hospital. Get my pts & their information, then leave around 5pm, and get home between 6:30-7pm and wake up at 4:30 to go right back up to Anacortes for my clinical that day? There is no way!

Jeff is the ultimate Husband & Father-of-the-Year. He is so sweet & supportive. He is so awesome in that he will take care of the kids 2 nights a week, so I can stay the night at a friends house and not waste time & gas. Unfortunately, I miss out on the time I can spend with my family. I know this is all for a reason, but I already miss my family just thinking about it. Thankfully it is only 14 clinical days - but this will be a really long quarter, and only 10 weeks left this quarter. I just hope I am successful as I have been in the past quarters.

No comments: