Sunday, January 18, 2009

Two weeks down

This week ends the 2nd week of my 5th quarter. I started my clinical rotation on the Med-Surg floor. I think I will have good opportunities on the floor, especially now that I am starting on IV med-pushes, and I can give blood transfusions, among other interesting tasks I can perform. This part scares me a bit because it is a med given straight into the vein, going to the heart. If given too fast the patient can literally drop dead, depending on the drug. I think after a few IV med-pushes and knowing the rate I'll be okay. My clinical instructor said she was going to drill us each day on our patients meds and after a few weeks, she'll back off when she knows that we know our stuff. I was a bit scared of my instructor, and I still am a bit, but I think it will be a great quarter.



I took my first test on Friday, and amazingly, I got 90%!!!!! Whohoo! I couldn't believe I did so well. There were so many students that didn't pass and got below the pass rate of 78%. I feel very fortunate and blessed to have understood the material so well. Lets hope the next one is just as good.

No comments: