On Monday, I started my first day of precepting in OB. I am working one-on-one with a nurse. She is teaching me how to monitor frequency, variability, and duration of each contraction. There is so much to document during labor & delivery, and she showed me how to do it all. Now the hard part is to remember and document correctly.
I took care of a patient most of the day. Right before my shift was ending, she was going into the active phase of labor. My preceptor allowed me to stay with the patient and see her through the delivery, and postpartum care. She was real tough. She declined an epidural, and had only one dose of fentanyl. She delivered a sweet baby girl. I assisted with monitoring the woman for bleeding, and assisted with the care of the newborn.
I had such a great day, and ended up putting 12 hours in that day. Can't wait for the next one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment