Saturday, February 6, 2010

I'm back and updating my blog

Well, after taking a very long hiatus, I have decided to log the interesting things that happen in the hospital. There is usually never a dull moment...although I wish there was sometimes. As I write things that go on, I will keep patent's information anonymous...thanks to HIPAA, I wouldn't want to be in violation. :)

Here are a few things that happened last night:

1. A very confused 87 y/o man asked for a pony blanket. I told him we don't have pony blankets in the hospital, and he started getting agitated and mad.

2. I was assisting a patient in changing his colostomy bag. He was draining it and said, and I quote, " Oh, looks like dinner." Seriously, no joke. I couldn't stop laughing, unfortunately the putrid fecal smell was invading my nostrils in a not so pleasant way. The hospital must literally be serving "crappy" food.

3. I went into a patient's room who has a brain degenertaive condition similar to Lou Gehrigs disease. While I was changing him, he spanked my bottom! Apparently he does this to everyone he comes in contact with. Next time I went in there I told him, "No hanky-panky business."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So funny! Thanks for a good laugh today!

Stephanie said...

glad you're back! love the tidbits! don't know how you do it though, i think i would throw up changing someones colostomy bag! and the guy spanking you? hilarious.