Friday, February 5, 2010

Job update

I started working at a hospital on the Telemetry (cardiac) floor on Dec. 7. I am working 3, 12-hour shifts a week from 7pm-7:30am. I was hired with the intentions that I would be hired on as a RN soon, unfortunately they didn't have a RN job at the time, so I am working as an Acute Care Assistant. That's a fancy name for nurses assistant. I get to deal with the patients, their vitals, and all their crap. Literally. I was hoping I'd start as an RN in late Jan/early Feb. After pinning my asst. mgr down I got a guesstimate start of Mar/April.

I really should be grateful I have a job, and working at an amazing hospital. I really enjoy it, although some nights can be very long and hard. I take up to 9 patient loads, but those nights are absolutely crazy! I hope they get their acts together and find someone to orient me and hire me soon. I've already started applying to other floors hoping they'll pick me up sooner. We'll see. There are absolutely no new-grad RN openings anywhere in the Sac. area. I didn't realize that when I graduated that I graduated in the right profession at the wrong time. In the meantime, I am working and waiting patiently and anxiously. I'll give an update when I should be training as an RN when the time comes....hopefully soon.

No comments: