Here are some of the interesting things that went on:
- An almost comatose, delusional patient wrote on a paper for me that she "is responsible for the E.Coli outbreak."
- A sweet lady with severe dementia was "missing". The entire staff was looking for her.I found her hiding in a bathroom. She was facing the wall and when I turned the corner she was right in front of me and scared me. :)
- A homeless man tried to interrogate me about being married, how many kids I had, and how "pretty I was". He was inappropriate to all the female staff.
- A young girl with severe depression got mad at me because I didn't wake her for breakfast. Well it didn't matter because she's bulimic and she threw it up anyway.
It was an easy rotation. I went to group meetings with numerous counselors. I learned how to increase my self esteem, how to effectively cope, and how to effectively break bad habits. I'm on my way to a better me!




3 comments:
I was hoping to read a post about this. Sounds like an interesting time. I wonder how that girl spread e.coli? I could think of a few ways.
Kristen...I love your humor in such interesting situations! The girl who was mad about not being awakened for breakfast and who would be throwing it up anyway had me laughing!!!!
Keep up the good work!
sounds like an interesting event. Glad that you are doing well in school too.
Post a Comment