Friday, January 18, 2008
Quarter 2, Week 3
Today was my first clinical experience at the hospital. I was in the Progressive Care Center taking care of a patient for end of life care. He had a tripple bypass surgery and was not in good shape. He was having such a hard time breathing, and his irregular heart rate didn't help. Aside from his complications, he was very pleasant. Today he said, I want to go". I tried to clarify what he was meaning. He then stated, "I just want to go to the promise land." I felt so sorry for him, and his wife sitting next to him tried to quiet him up because she didn't want to hear any sort of talk like that. It was interesting seeing that side of nursing today. I wonder what next week will be like when I get a new patient.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Hey I just found your nursing blog. This is great. I'm looking forward to reading all of your adventures in nursing school.
Post a Comment