Thursday, January 10, 2008
Quarter One - Week 6
Today ends week 6 of nursing school. The time has flown by quickly, and I can't believe I am over 1/2 done with the quarter.I did something very fun and interesting on Wednesday. I gave Flu shots! We administered them at the local hospital to employees. I was a little nervous to give them because we had practiced injections into little fluid-filled bags. Obviously, human skin, tissue & muscles are much different than the bags we practiced on.I was nervous doing the first one, and my hands were shaking a bit. After the first, I felt comfortable and excited to do another one. I was also able to give a TB shot, which is intradermal (just below the dermis of the skin). I gave it to a sweet, little old lady, who was so patient. My instructor was very pleased with my work. Whoohoo!!As students we were allowed to receive the flu shot as well. One of my fellow students administered my shot . I had a little bit of anxiety, and I started breaking out in cold sweats. At that moment, I realized something. I don't like to be on the receiving end of injections. I much prefer and enjoy giving shots. Anyone want me to practice on them? Ha Ha.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment